About the site
This web site is produced and maintained by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC), the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government of the People's Republic of China.
The documents provided in Adobe Acrobat format (i.e. PDF) under the site, except for those reproduced through hyperlinks to other websites of which ITC is not the owner, are compliant with W3C AA standards.
Please download Adobe Reader to view and print the forms which are in Portable Document Format (PDF).
The content available on this website, including but not limited to all text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials are protected by copyright. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is the owner of all copyright works contained in this website. The information or part of it may be re-disseminated or reproduced, provided the source of the information is acknowledged and that the re-dissemination or reproduction is for a non-commercial purpose.
Although extreme care has been taken to ensure that the information provided on our website is accurate and up-to-date, the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) does not warrant that all information or any part thereof provided is accurate in all respects. The ITC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any use or reliance on any of the information provided in its website.
The Innovation and Technology Commission is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The Commission sets procedures to ensure good practices within the Commission on the acquisition, collection, recording, storage, disclosure, correction, erasure and communication of personal data kept by the Commission on its employees and members of the public. The Commission's policy and general practices are summarized as follows:
- to collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes directly related to the functions or activities of this Commission;
- to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that the Commission holds, the purposes for which the data are to be used, whether the person is obliged to supply the data, and the consequences of not supplying the data.
- to erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- to use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given prior consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data held are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use; and
- to allow persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law. Photocopies of the data requested will only be provided upon payment of charges. The requester will be advised in advance of the charges.
For enquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.