- The first round of funding applications for 2016 under Tier 2 and Tier 3 of the Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) has been closed for application after 31 March 2016.
- The rebate level of the R&D Cash Rebate Scheme has been increased from 30% to 40%. The enhanced level of rebate will be applicable to applications approved on or after 24 February 2016.
- The maximum monthly allowance of the Internship Programme has been increased to $14,000 for graduates with a Bachelor’s degree and $16,500 for graduates with a Master’s or higher degree.
- "City Challenge - Bridge to a Smarter City" is the first and ever territory-wide competition inviting all citizens and students in Hong Kong to come up with innovative and technology-based applications to turn our city into a smarter and better place to live. Click here for more details.
- The Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) announces the launch of the Hong Kong-Israel (HK-IL) research and development (R&D) Cooperation Programme. This bilateral framework providing financial support for collaborative industrial R&D projects in science and technology between Hong Kong and Israeli companies. Hong Kong companies collaborating with one or more Israeli companies are welcome to participate by submitting proposals to the Enterprise Support Scheme (ESS) under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF).
- The 2016 Guangdong - Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (TCFS) has been closed for application after 30 September 2015.
- Enterprise Support Scheme (ESS) is now open to application to replace the Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Programme (SERAP).
- New Improvement Measures to the Innovation and Technology Fund Introduced
- The National Twelfth Five-year Plan on Science and Technology Development - Science and Technology Areas where Hong Kong Possesses a Competitive Edge (June 2015 Version) (Chinese only)
- Innovation and Technology Scholarship Award Scheme