Procedures for Requesting Calibration Services
- A prospective customer wishing to use the calibration service should download and complete the and return to SCL by fax ((852) 2824 1302) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The customer may also contact SCL either by phone, e-mail, fax or letter, stating their requirements.
- SCL will then send an official quotation together with an Application for Calibration Service Form (pdf). The conditions of service are set out on page 2 of the form.
- If the customer wishes to proceed with the calibration, he should contact SCL to arrange a date for the delivery of the equipment. A crossed cheque made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" is to be submitted together with the equipment and manuals.
- Depending on the demand for particular calibration services at the time, it may take a short while before an equipment can be accepted for calibration. Customers are therefore advised to contact SCL early before their equipment calibration date is due.
- Limited equipment collection and delivery service is available, free of charge, for small items of equipment, but this is subject to the availability of transport and the conditions of service in the Application for Calibration Service Form (pdf).
- On completion of the calibration, the customer will be informed regarding the collection/return of the equipment.