- The 2019 Guangdong - Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (TCFS) has been closed for application after 13 September 2019.
- Committee on Research and Development of Chinese Medicines will organise "Seminar on Research and Development of Chinese Medicines 2019" on 24 September 2019. The seminar is free of charge. For seminar programme and enrollment details, please visit this link.
- The 2019 Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Funding Scheme (MHKJFS) has been closed for application after 9 July 2019.
- The 2019 Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) has been closed for application after 26 April 2019.
- The investment portfolio of Innovation and Technology Venture Fund has been announced.
- The InnoHK initiative has received enthusiastic responses from universities and research institutions. We are processing the first batch of proposals received and will temporarily cease to receive new proposals after 28 February 2019 (Hong Kong Time), until further notice.
- As announced in the 2019-20 Budget Speech, effective from 27 February 2019:
- the maximum monthly allowance of the Researcher Programme (formerly known as the Internship Programme) has been increased to $18,000 for graduates with a Bachelor’s degree and $21,000 for graduates with a Master’s degree; and
- the maximum engagement period for each talent/researcher under the Postdoctoral Hub and Researcher Programme has been extended from 24 to 36 months.
- With effect from 27 February 2019, the Technology Voucher Programme has been converted into a regular funding programme under the Innovation and Technology Fund. The funding ceiling per applicant has been increased from $200,000 to $400,000, and the eligibility has also been expanded to cover companies incorporated and registered in Hong Kong under the Companies Ordinance and statutory bodies set up in Hong Kong (except government subvented organisations and their subsidiaries). A series of other enhancement measures have also been introduced. (Attention: Applications submitted before the announcement of the above measures are still subject to the original funding ceiling of $200,000. Applicants wishing to increase the funding requested beyond $200,000 should withdraw the original application and submit a new one in the TVP Funding Administrative System.)
- Local institutions may now apply to the Innovation and Technology Commission for designation as “Designated Local Research Institution” (DLRI). Please click here for more details.
- With effect from 28 January 2019, the University-Industry Collaboration Programme (UICP) and the collaborative stream of the Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) have been merged into a new Partnership Research Programme (PRP).
Partnership Research Programme (PRP) is now open for application.
- The Co-investment Partner under the Innovation and Technology Venture Fund (ITVF) has been updated on 30 August 2018. For details, please refer to the list of Co-investment Partners.
- The Technology Talent Scheme was launched on 22 August 2018. The Postdoctoral Hub Programme and the Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme under the scheme are now open for application.
- The Innovation and Technology Commission announced the introduction of the Technology Talent Admission Scheme to provide fast-track admission of technology talent.
- The Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) announces the launch of the Hong Kong-Israel (HK-IL) research and development (R&D) Cooperation Programme. This bilateral framework providing financial support for collaborative industrial R&D projects in science and technology between Hong Kong and Israeli companies. Hong Kong companies collaborating with one or more Israeli companies are welcome to participate by submitting proposals to the Enterprise Support Scheme (ESS) under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF).