Metrology Service Users
Training Course, Workshop, Seminar and Symposium
The below Workshop / Symposium / Training Course is coming soon. Interested party can contact for more information.
|Workshop / Symposium / Training Course||Date||Information|
|Metrology Symposium 2023||24th October 2023||Programme rundown & Online registration|
SCL’s Presentation Material:
- Discussion on Decision Rule and Statement of Conformity
- Impact of the Redefinition of SI on Testing and Calibration Laboratory
- Can we use a smartphone as a luxmeter? (Video)
- Is time running at the same rate at different places in Hong Kong? (Video)
- The story of gravitational acceleration at Hong Kong, the equator and the poles (Video)
- Metrology coming to the digital age (Video)
- What Makes Our Phones So Smart in Motion Detection? (Video)
- A Vanishing Second (Video)
- Length Measurement in Our Daily Life (Video)
- Metrological Information Infrastructure in Digital Era (Video)
The Standards and Calibration Laboratory organized the following two Metrology Workshops yearly. Applications of the Workshops were by invitation.
(a) Workshop on Fundamentals of Metrology
Metrology is the science of measurement. It underpins the global measurement system which in turn has tremendous impacts on international trade and economy. SCL is organizing the Workshop on Fundamentals of Metrology to disseminate its knowledge and experience in metrology to the local calibration, testing and certification industry. The Workshop will include:
- Introduction to the International System of Units (SI)
- Practical realization of the SI base units;
- Introduction to principles and techniques in various measurement fields
(b) Workshop on Measurement Uncertainty
Evaluation of measurement uncertainty is an important task that everyone working in the calibration, testing and certification areas should have knowledge of. The Workshop on Measurement Uncertainty aims to help the participants to carry out uncertainty evaluations by explaining the basic principles and providing practical examples in various measurement fields. The Workshop will cover:
- Introduction to the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM) and its Supplement 1 and 2
- Examples on evaluations of measurement uncertainty in different metrology areas.
- New developments in the revision of GUM
The Metrology Symposium is an annual event jointly held by the Standards and Calibration Laboratory (SCL) of ITC, Government Laboratory (GL) and Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification (HKCTC). The theme of the Symposium is usually related to the latest developments in metrology.
Measurement Club Activities
Measurement Club acts as a focal point for discussion of all matters concerning measurement and measurement uncertainty in metrology. The club will organize different metrological activities such as symposiums, technical talks, workshops and tutorials regularly.
The membership application form can be downloaded here.